While girls and boys deal with many of the same issues; some growing-up struggles are unique to the experience of being a girl in our society. This resource can help provide a foundation for girls to navigate through many of these issues. Using this curriculum, girls gain a stronger sense of self-worth and belonging in their families, with their peers, and in their communities.
Thrive in the Hive provides a curriculum of lessons, activities and reproducible pages to be used with individuals, or for an eight-week small group session with girls.
The girls will explore different roles that girls assume within the structure of social cliques. It also includes interactive lessons to guide girls on a journey to explore the keys to building healthy friendships. The sessions include an introduction and activity for personal reflection. In these sessions girls will learn how to:
- Explore their role in the relationship hierarchy
- Identify strengths and potential difficulties for each role
- Avoid peer pressure to behave a certain way
- Develop strong, healthy relationships with others
- Explore their self-identity in social groups
- Be aware of the power behind words in conversations
- Practice positive self-thought with positive words.